Download iOS 14 Public Beta on your iPhone
Download and install iOS 14 Public Beta on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac to give your device Home Screen a new look, and also get a smarter Siri.
- How to download iOS 14 Public Beta on your iPhone
- iOS 14 Public Beta release date
- Apple’s iOS 14 new features to expect
Apple is releasing its annual iOS operating system update to its users, named it iOS 14 likely to roll out in September.
If you can’t wait up to its release event then you may get it earlier by signing up for one of Apple’s beta programs.
Stick with this article to know everything about how to download and install iOS 14 Public Beta on your iPhone.
Is iOS 14 Beta Out?
It is expected to be fully launched in September 2020
When Can I get iOS 14?
There is no exact date officially said by Apple itself. However, there are rumors for iOS 14 public beta is expected to be out around 13 July this year.
Which iPhones are compatible with iOS 14?
First, your iPhone must be eligible to download, install and use iOS 14 Beta.
Here is the full list of iOS 14 compatible phones:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (2016)
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2020)
Also, the upcoming iPhone 12, 12 Max, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max will be launched with iOS 14 pre-installed at the end of this year.
How Can I get iOS 14 Public Beta Earlier?
If your iPhone is eligible and you can’t wait until mid-July, it is possible to get beta access even earlier.
For this, go to Apple’s beta software program page and sign up – all you need to have a valid Apple ID (iCloud accounts qualify).
Before downloading the beta it is advised you should back up your iPhone, just in case something goes wrong.
Getting iOS 14 Public Beta earlier is not free. Once you sign up, you will have access to a range of beta products that cost an annual fee of $99 (£80).
- To get started you first need to head to the enrolment page, which you can find here.
- You’ll need an Apple ID and personal documentation, and then will be prompted to pay the fee.
- After signing up with your Apple ID, you will be prompted to pay the annual fee.
- Once you have done that back up your phone. Then you’ll want to download the iOS 14 beta profile, which you can find here, to your phone.
- Visit the menu icon in the top left of the screen, hit “downloads”, scroll until you find the iOS 14 beta and then click “install profile”.
- Next, you will need to manually install it on your phone by going to your settings. Head to Settings > General > Profile, then select the Profile Downloaded (a new option which should appear) and click the profile selected.
Now stay in your settings but scroll down to software update, which should give you the option to download iOS 14. It is a 5GB update, so will take some time. Plug your phone in to make sure it doesn’t die while updating.
Once the update is finished restart the phone and you should find it running the new operating system.
What’s new in iOS 14?
Here is what is improved and new to the upcoming iOS 14 that will be provided to developers in June at WWDC.
- Compatibility with all devices able to run iOS 13
- Home screen redesign with widgets
- New App Library
- App Clips
- No full-screen calls
- Privacy enhancements
- Translate app
- Cycling and EV routes
Apple has introduced many new features, including the biggest changes ever seen to the home screen.
iOS 14 will be more customizable than ever, with widgets now front and center in four or eight regular tiles.
Another awesome change is the addition of the app library – a more effective way to order your apps by category, so you don’t have to scroll through multiple pages to find something.
Better Siri Search- Siri has been improved and redesigned – Apple says it knows 20 times more facts than it did three years ago.
The messages app now lets you pin conversations at the top of the screen, and has added inline replies.
And there are also updates to Memoji, with 20 new hair and headwear styles available, more age options and new sticker poses.